NBA EMAIL: A MUST HAVE FOR ALL LAWYERS
Nigeria’s private sector has long embraced electronic technology because many organizations have achieved near complete digitalization of their operations. Take the Banking and Financial Industry sector, the aviation to name but a few, so even in the legal parlance the need of it was long overdue.
In 2014 the Supreme Court of Nigeria in conjunction with Microsoft and the Nigerian Bar Association made an attempt by commissioning the legal email platform that is meant to be accessible to all verified lawyers in Nigeria all in a bid to rebrand and reposition the profession. Now it is expected that with the adoption of the mailing service, lawyers can now begin receiving better value for service (e.g. by receiving court summons and notices from the Supreme Court of Nigeria) in addition to whenever your client receives your mail it shows professionalism and inspires trust and also depict credibility for the lawyer.
Step by Step on how to register for the Supreme Court legal email
Please follow the procedure below
- Enter Portal Address: http://www.nigerianbar.ng/index.html
- If you are verified by NBA click to continue otherwise go get verified. (To commence the verification process, click on this linkhttp://www.nigerianbar.org.ng/index.php/my-nba/get-verified to be routed to the Nigerian Bar Association Website to commence the process).
- Enter details: First Name, Surname, Email, and Date of Birth.
- Agree to provide accurate information and click on “Register”.
- Verification email with a link has been sent to email address provided.
- In your email inbox, find the email from your Account. Services@nigerianbar.ng and Click on “Confirm Email” to continue.
- Enter your Supreme Court Enrolment Number, Call to Bar Date and click “Next”.
- Enter Personal Information. All fields marked with (*) are mandatory including uploading a passport photograph. Click “Next” when done.
- Enter the phone number provided during verification with NBA. To confirm who you are.
- Click “Continue As………” to continue. At this point, a “One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to the number you provided.
- Enter the OTP sent to the Phone Number you provided. Then click “Finish” to complete your registration.
- Information will be displayed to give you the status of your registration. An email will also be sent to you with registration details.
You can be checking the status of your registration with the “Reference Number” sent your email by either clicking on the “Check Status” link in the email or by visiting the NBA homepage on https://register.nigerianbar.ng/public/status.aspx