• Paul is a committed and active member of the NBA and the International Bar Association.
• Member of the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the NBA. Mr Usoro has been a NEC member under the Presidency of:
* Chief Bayo Ojo SAN
* J.B. Daudu SAN
* Okey Wali SAN
* Augustine Alegeh SAN
• Member of the NBA Legal Profession Regulation Review Committee.
• Paul was the pioneer Chairman of the Communications Committee of the NBA Section of Business Law (“SBL”).
• He attends most NBA Annual General Meetings and National Executive Committee (NEC) Meetings.
• In 2017, Paul attended the NBA Legal mission to the UK Bar Standard Commission and Solicitors’ Regulatory Authority to understudy their system.
• Paul fully sponsored the Elders’ Night of NBA Lagos Branch 2017 Law week and routinely sponsors Lagos Bar events.
• Paul’s Firm was the sole sponsor of one of the most attended Break-out sessions at the 2017 NBA Conference: “Emerging Trends in Global Legal Practice”. PUC paid for travel costs of the four (4) foreign speakers who made presentations at the session.
• Paul hosted delegates to NBA NEC Meeting held in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State in November, 2017.
• Paul’s participation in the Planning Committee for the NBA NEC Meeting in Uyo was pivotal to the resounding success of the November 2017 NEC Meeting.
• Paul hosted NBA NEC members and senior lawyers in Uyo, Akwa-Ibom State in November 2014 and responds positively whenever requested to sponsor and/or participate in Akwa Ibom and Cross River States’ Bar activities.
• Supported by Paul, PUC is actively involved in the sponsorship of SBL activities.
The Firm produced the Chairman of the SBL between 2010 and 2011, with the total support of Paul Usoro, SAN.
• Paul hosted Cross River and Akwa Ibom delegates to the NBA Annual General Meeting held in Lagos in 2009.
• PUC regularly pays annual practicing fees and branch dues for its over thirty-five lawyers.
• Paul has presented several papers at NBA programs, using the platform to share knowledge with old and young lawyers. Some of these papers include:
• “Frontloading under Akwa Ibom State High Court (Civil Procedure) Rules 2009”. Lead Presentation at Joint Workshop by the 3 Nigerian Bar Association Branches (Uyo, Ikot Ekpene and Eket) in Akwa Ibom State.
• “E-Legal Practice and the Prospects of Litigation in Nigeria”. Lead Paper presented at a Session of the Nigerian Bar Association’s Section of Legal Practice Maiden Conference in Abuja.
• “Licensing Procedures under Communications Act 2003”. Paper presented at the Nigerian Bar Association, Port Harcourt Branch Bar Seminar/Law Week in Port Harcourt.
• “Emerging Nigerian Communications Industry and the Role of Lawyers”. Paper presented at the 2004 Annual Conference of the Nigerian Bar Association held in Abuja.